With COVID-19 cases increasing, it is important to continue to remain vigilant about infection control in our surgery. (please see last week’s information) With this advice we are asking that everyone continues to wear a face covering when attending the surgery. We will continue to maintain social distancing where possible.
We are experiencing a huge surge in demand for appointments (around 20% higher than before the pandemic) please consider self-help for basic ailments (cuts, grazes and tummy upsets) Pharmacies for advice on ailments and medication. 111 – When the surgery is closed and you need medical help fast, but it is not a life threatening situation or you need to go to A&E. 999 – for a life threatening situation. Thank you
We are having an increased number of patients NOT attending for booked appointments, this wastes all of our time and increases our demand in having to rebook. 56 PATIENTS DID NOT TURN UP FOR PRE-BOOKED APPOINTMENTS IN THE PAST MONTH! Please do cancel if you cannot make an appointment, if you have had a text you can just reply cancel. DO NOT let these appointments go to waste.
AZ Vaccine manufactured in India –additional information from DHSC
- All AstraZeneca vaccines given in the UK are the same product and appear on the NHS COVID Pass as Vaxzevria.
- The European Medicines Agency, as well as our own medicines regulator, has authorised this vaccine and travel should not be affected.
- All doses used in the UK have been subject to rigorous safety and quality checks, including individual batch testing and physical site inspections, by the UK medicine’s regulator, the MHRA.
- Ensuring safe and open travel with our global partners is a clear priority and we are engaging with international partners on certification to ensure travel for vaccinated people is unhindered in the future.
- We have spoken to the EU Commission who have confirmed that neither the Commission nor the EMA has advised Member States against accepting travellers vaccinated with ‘SII doses’.
- Our High Commission in Malta has been discussing this issue with the Maltese Government, who have agreed that they will accept the NHS certificate with the EMA approved AZ Vaxzevria dose.
- Astra Zeneca vaccine will be recognised in the same way as any other.
For the following Covid related queries please DO NOT telephone the surgery – please call 119
- Booking or changing a covid vaccination appointment
- Questions about the covid vaccination programme
- Requesting an NHS covid pass hard copy letter
- Questions about the NHS covid pass
- Reporting technical issues with the NHS covid pass